Friday, March 11, 2011

This end marks the beginning of a period

The course ends but nothing really comes to an end in my teaching practice, I’d rather say that the time has come for implementing more ideas and practices. 

It is impossible to pick the topics that were successful for me, almost everything was useful. I have tried interactive powerpoint, implemented rubrics, and ABCD learning, and used delicious. I’m getting on with these and planning to use games like jeopardy, webquests, and PBL, and Google site. One topic that was not relevant to me, but still interesting to read about others’ experiences, was the large classes. I cannot say anything that we could have covered as I had no idea before the course what it would include but I learned about a lot new things, I have never been a pioneer in this field :).
The past weeks have been so busy that I could just finish what I had to do for the course, but now I will have time to do more research and choose the websites that can often be used in my classes and in my preparations, and I’ll have more time to make presentations and webquests and rubrics, and so on. The workshop I am preparing for this weekend gives me an opportunity to have an overview of what I learned, and can orientate me what to do next. The level and the depth of reflection will surely continue to prevail in my practice. I have set my goals for the coming year in teaching, but to be honest I may have to postpone realizing them, and I’ll be more involved in changing nappies than making presentations. :)
I am grateful to have been able to do this course, and who could be more grateful than my students? Hopefully, they will show interest in other ideas and practices than the ones we have done.
Thank you, Robert, for all your help!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I agree with you. The end of the course marks the beginning of our life-time journey. It is great to be in this class, and to know people like you.

    ReplyDelete