Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interactive Power Point Shows and Project


Interactive power point is something I have longed for. I am so happy to get to know so many ideas about making our presentation interactive. I have tried some questions and hyperlinks in my uploaded ppt. I’ll definitely try some games soon. It made me smile to face what mistakes I made in the past, and what a beginner I was. (I hope it’s all past nowJ) I’ll definitely share these ideas with colleagues and trainees. I have been thinking of giving an INTERACTIVE presentation on a number of things I have learnt in the course. I feel that I need more time to try and implement everything I have touched upon. I am struggling to combine everything, I have included the pp games template website in my delicious pages. 

As for the project, this week has been holiday at school and my honeymoon week, so I haven’t been able to make a further step. This coming week will be the one when I assign the task and give them instructions and rubrics what to do. The new issue of the magazine will be handed out this week and then they have a chance to choose a topic they are interested in. What I intend to highlight is that I would like them to ENJOY what they are doing. I feel lucky that now I can show them some tips of involving the audience, so the group. I think they will like the ideas. The steps for this week:
giving a description of the task (showing them some options as for the outcome)
letting them, or if necessary, helping them choose partner(s)
giving enough time (an afternoon) to choose a topic
giving out rubrics
discussing their ideas and giving tips or help.
Then next week:
listening to the presentations and
evaluation (including peer evaluation).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Petra,

    First of all let me say congratulations.. we heard that you got married last week,, Umesha told us that. I hope you a new life full of happiness and success.

    As for the power point, yes it’s one of those blessings that help make the learning process much easer, provided that it’s used properly…

    ReplyDelete