Sunday, February 27, 2011

Peer reading and online tools and course site



This week has been really busy, first writing our draft for the project and then peer review and checking the online tools. I was really happy about my project as my students seemed to enjoy their presentations. They were really interested when listening to each other. There are still two more to go. I would like to get some feedback from them about the project.
I liked the idea of peer reading and I think it is really useful. I will implement it more often in class. My Ss have to correct each other’s homework exercises, but they are usually the drill kind of exercises. It would be advantageous when they have a writing task. Or even with reading tasks because in one of my groups Ss are not so careful readers and it would make them discuss problematic parts first in pairs. Checking HW with the whole group always gives time for day-dreaming and switching off...
This week we learnt about ANVILL which is a useful site, I am planning to try it first with private Ss, and later I can implement it with school groups.

I got really enthusiastic about creating a website for my trainees for this term but when I got down to work and started to do it, I faced a lot of problems. I was a bit disappointed because I haven’t been able to do a few things I wanted to. I can get really impatient when I encounter problems with technology, and I cannot turn to anyone for help right then. But I do not give up, I will ask a colleague of mine tomorrow or just try, try again...I’m not sure, nicenet might have been a better option, or at least easier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Petra

    Everyone gets frustrated with technology. The difference between us (you, me, our class) "computer geeks" and regular folks, is that us "geeks" don't give up. We get inspired to figure it out, by asking, thinking, returning, or searching on the internet for the problem. That is how we get better. So many of my colleagues say computers are easy for me and not them, but really that is not true. I just know how to figure it out and I stick with it.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete