Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PBL-rubrics-project step-wedding


PBL-rubrics-project step-wedding :)

Week 5 provided me with new information about PBL and webquests. I have never done a webquest, and still feel that I need more time to develop and use one. I know that it would be an important step and my students would like it. However, in the lesson I prefer to have tasks where Ss can communicate with each other and can interact and exchange views about certain topics. So I can imagine a webquest as homework.

Rubrics are really important and I apply them when giving my Ss writing assignments. When we are preparing for an exam, I always let them know the rubrics of that particular exam. Where I should apply it more is speaking activities, oral tests. That is why I wrote rubrics for an oral task that I regularly have in my groups. I need to simplify its language because I have decided to give out a sheet to 2 or 3 Ss and they should evaluate their group mate’s oral summary in parallel with me. I think it would build a sense of consciousness, criticism and responsibility. They would also become able to accept criticism from each other, which can be a great asset later in their life.

I have started pondering about my project. Now it’s holiday at school but I’m going to take action next week. I’m planning to combine things that I have learnt or read about in this course.

Finally, something  personal. I had my wedding on the 5 February. Of course, this has been the highlight of the week!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Petra,

    I am sure it must have been a pretty busy week for you.

    Congratulations and all the very best for a wonderful married life. May your life be filled with lots of love, happiness and good health.


    (I apologize for the late wishes)

    Best

    Umesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petra,

    Congratulations on your wedding and may the years forward be filled with laughters and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billions of congrats on this happy news. I wish you a very happy marriage life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Petra,

    Happy marriage! I wish you all the best in your long family life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Petra
    Congratulations, in Arabic Mabrook, wish a happy life.
    Hala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I can`t imagine how you could manage your wedding, your job, and this course and much more. Best wishes, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow is Valentine's day in Mexico,it's love and friendship celebration so is the best time to wish you lost of love and happiness in your new life. I hope it lasts forever.
    Regards Ava Norton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Petra,

    My sincere congratulations!
    Wish you all the best in your new married life: love, mutual understanding, respect and prosperity!

    Warm regards,
    Yuriy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Petra,

    Congratulations and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness and joy!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Petra,
    Wishing you a happy "new life".
    Naqib

    ReplyDelete
  11. On this special occasion, i wish you a happy and prosperous wedding.
    ahmed

    ReplyDelete